Who we are
The origin of the name of the company is very old, Roccolo is the name of a small slender building, built on the base of a medieval tower surrounded by trees, built on the top of a hill located in the heart of the company surrounded by vineyards and olive groves overlooking the wonderful Lake Garda.
This building, now a symbol of the company, was built on the base of a medieval tower by an ancestor who was the town's parish priest in 1815-1826, "Don Bartolomeo Bertazzi" who cultivated the typical Brescia passion for bird farming. Today no longer used for hunting. The Bertazzi family has very ancient origins already present as a surname in the statutes of the town dating back to 1454.
The main activity has always been agricultural flanked by a trattoria and rents rooms managed by the great-grandmother in the early 1900s where during the Second War some displaced people and who fled the cities were staying. In addition, there was a small butcher's shop and a taxi service was then carried out with horses and a gig (a typical Brescian name birocc) with a license plate, used for the last time in the 1970s during the oil crisis. It was in the 1950s that the grandfather, Bertazzi Andrea concentrated the production of wine and oil with, subsequently the help of his son Giuseppe, also expanding the land planted with vines and olive trees.